Arlington, Virginia - The Center for the Polyurethanes Industry (CPI) of the American Chemistry Council (ACC) is sponsoring a professional development program (PDP) during the Polyurethanes 2008 Technical Conference, the CPI announced 2 September.
The conference, held at the Marriot Rivercenter in San Antonio, Texas form the 29 September to 1 October, will include eight PDP seminars for visitors to choose from, including introductory to advanced level seminars on basic chemistry and technology, markets, applications, safety issues, building and energy costs.
The eight seminars are:
• Introduction to Polyurethane Chemistry
• Building and Energy Codes: Introduction and Overview Relative to Polyurethanes
• Introduction to Polyurethane Technology (product categories)
• EHS Issues of Aromatic Isocyanates Relative to Polyurethanes
• Markets and Applications with a brief introduction to polyurethane chemistry
• Polyurethane Raw Materials Testing, Specifications and Performance: The Myth and the Magic
• Polyurethane CASE (Coating, Adhesive, Sealant and Elastomers)
• Physical Testing of Polyurethane Foams
"Our Professional Development program has been very popular over the past five years," said Neeva-Gayle Candelori, director of CPI. He continued, "the full range of course offerings appeals to a wide range of interests and expertise, from newcomers to old pros, and especially to people considering polyurethane applications for their end use products."
For seminar fees and more information visit: http://www.polyurethane.org