Denver, Colorado-- Building with Structural Insulated Panels (SIPs) is becoming increasingly popular, due to the many advantages to builders and building owners.
ACH Foam Technologies, which manufactures energy-saving SIPs, which consist of a foam insulant between sheets of oriented strand board, has offered some useful tips for building with SIPs, as follows.
1. Pre-plan electrical & equipment needs
2. Organise the panels for installation
3. Follow Proper Installation & Sealing Recommendations
4. Protect the SIP Panels from Weather Penetration
5. Size up your HVAC needs properly.
While ACH makes SIPs using EPS (extruded polystyrene, many companies make the products using rigid polyurethane foam insulation also.
For more information about structural insulated panels visit www.achfoam.com/structuralinsulatedpanels.aspx