Bethesda, Maryland - The US Adhesives and Sealants Council (ASC) is to hold a webinar on 20 June at 10.30 am eastern standard time on monitoring MDI (methylene diphenyl diisocyanate) in spray polyurethane foam use.
The topics and objectives of the course are to:
• Learn the basics of MDI use in low pressure spray polyurethane foam;
• Understand general safety concerns with MDI as they relate to the EPA CAP (the limits set by the US Environmental Protection Agency);
• Know exposure limits of MDI as set forth by various agencies;
• Become familiar with a testing protocol for measuring MDI emissions in real-world applications;
• Receive PPE & Ventilation best practice recommendations based on the results of the case study.
ASC says the webinar is recommended for companies involved in the manufacture or end use of uncured MDI-containing products in applications where members of the public can be exposed.
The ASC's expert instructor is Sandy Gump, product compliance manager at Fomo Products Inc. Gump has been with Fomo for 11 years, previously holding positions in product management, research and development and inside sales, gaining valuable product and industry experience. She is an accredited Building Performance Institute (BPI) Certified Building Analyst and is an active member for a variety of industry associations, including the Center for the Polyurethanes Industry (CPI), the Spray Polyurethane Foam Alliance (SPFA), and the American Society for Testing Materials (ASTM) C24 Committee.
ASC says Fomo Products (a member of the FLM Group) is one of the largest global manufacturers of low pressure polyurethane foam insulation, sealants, adhesives, and spray foam systems in pressurised packaging.
Registration fees are $179 for ASC members and end-users and $199 for nonmembers.
For questions, contact Malinda Armstrong at +1 301 986-9700 ext106 or [email protected]