Settimo Milanese, Italy -- Coim, a global producer of polyurethane chemicals, will showcase a wide range of new Laripur thermoplastic polyurethanes at the Plast 2012 event, being held in Milan, Italy, 8-12 May.
The new products include:
• Laripur 5018B, a soft plasticised TPU that has been developed to satisfy the request of a soft touch and high grip material to be used for toll's handles and footwear application. It is phthalate-free and able to combine a very low hardness with good processability. The product belongs to the 18 Series of Laripur plasticised TPU, which Coim says are transparent grades able to maintain their glossy aesthetics lasting much longer than similar products in the marketplace.
• Laripur 9325EG, a 93A TPU which shows both clarity and excellent transparency, used for airbag production in sport and leisure shoes as well as for extrusion of high-pressure hoses, flexible spiral hoses and extruded film and sheet.
• Laripur 8040 is valuable for melt-coat and powder-coat applications, exhibiting low melting temperature and good physical properties. Settimo Milanese-based Coim says it is useful for production of conveyor belts and coated fabrics.
• Laripur 7260GF and Laripur 7325GF are respectively ether- and ester-based TPUs with glass-fibre reinforcement. They offer high flexural modulus, while maintaining good impact properties and good surface aesthetics -- along with excellent adhesion to softer TPU.
• LPR 7711 is a very high stiffness engineering TPU with flexural modulus similar to that of engineering plastics. It is designed for use in injection moulding and for compounding as the basis for blends and alloys. It has "excellent chemical resistance to fuels, oil and grease," says Coim.
• Laripur 9060HFM is a non-halogenated flame retardant material which has achieved the UL-94 V-0 rating at 0.75 mm thickness. It is used for cable coating, hose and tubing and film application.