Arlington, Virginia - The Center for the Polyurethanes Industry (CPI) will sponsor the Polyurethane Professional Development Program (PDP) during the Polyurethanes 2009 Technical Conference, to be held 5-7 Oct, 2009, at the Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center, just outside Washington, DC.
The PDP, now in its sixth year, provides an education and training programme for the global PU industry.
A new course on processing equipment looking at metering machines, metering systems, mixing heads, electrical control and plant design has been added to this years programme to make up the eight PDP courses:
• Introduction to polyurethane chemistry
• Polyurethane CASE (coating, adhesive, sealant and elastomers)
• Building and energy codes: introduction and overview relative to polyurethanes
• Physical testing of polyurethane foams
• Processing equipment
• Introduction to polyurethane technology
• Markets and applications
• Polyurethane raw materials testing, specifications and performance: the myth and the magic
"The full range of course offerings appeals to a wide range of interests and expertise, from newcomers to old pros, and especially to people considering polyurethane applications for their end-use products," said CPI director, Neeva-Gayle Candelori.
Fees for the courses range from $700 - $850 for one day of PDP courses, to $900 -$1050 for all three days of PDP courses if registered by 9 September, 2009. (RD)