Alpharetta, Georgia -- Hanson Group llc has a new aliphatic diamine chain extender for light stable polyureas, polyurethanes and epoxies.
HXA CE-425 helps users adjust formulations by slowing down the reaction rate compared to primary aliphatic amines, says Hanson, adding that this "also helps the processing of your system making it easier to apply."
Hanson says the new amine is designed to provide excellent processing characteristics with standard epoxy resins used in filament winding and resin infusion. It is a safety type hardener with low vapour pressure, non-blushing and low viscosity. HXA CE 425 systems will be more robust and tougher in performance.
Benefits of CE-425 claimed by Hanson include:
* Outstanding price-performance ratio resulting in overall lower formulation costs;
* Faster film property development & green strength -- similar to aromatic polyureas;
* Ease of formulation -- can be blended with various amine systems;
* Better system thermal stability -- maintains properties at higher temperatures;
* Improved system processability -- "it just sprays better;"
* Excellent UV & colour stability; and
* Slows gel time allowing better adhesion, flow & leveling and fibre penetration (especially for resin infusion processes)