Orlando, Florida - Icynene, a maker of open-cell, light-density spray polyurethane foam (SPF) insulation, is expanding its high performance products for the building community with the launch of Icynene MD-C-200, at the 2011 NAHB International Builders' Show in Orlando.
The company describes the new product as a robust 2-lb closed-cell SPF insulation which meets strict standards of quality and performance, while giving builders, architects and homeowners insulation with wider options in advanced construction methods, design options and energy savings.
"We are proud to offer a closed-cell formulation as part of our growing portfolio of spray foam insulation solutions," says Howard Deck, president and ceo of Icynene, in an 11 Jan statement. Deck added that the material "offers a number of structural and performance benefits that make it ideal for a wide variety of building applications."
Icynene MD-C-200 solves a number of problems for those who want superior insulation performance in a range of settings:
• High R-value maximises energy efficiency in conjunction with air sealing;
• Can be used with thinner framing offering more design flexibility;
• Low odour;
• Air impermeable material manages unwanted air leakage;
• Increased structural integrity for homes and commercial buildings;
• Built-in vapour retarder (Class II vapour retarder at 1.5");
• Superior cold-temperature adhesion to multiple substrates;
• Code acceptance for all construction types - I, II, III, IV & V;
• Formulations for all Climate Zones and altitudes;
• Meets FEMA criteria for resisting water absorption; and
• Green approved by the NAHB (US National Association of Home Builders).