Cavan, Republic of Ireland - Building component and insulation panel producer Kingspan launched its 'powerpanel' range of fully integrated roof-mounted, solar photovoltaic solutions, designed to, "insulate and generate" energy, on 27 May 2009 at Europe's largest solar exhibition, Intersolar in Munich, Germany.
Kingspan sees itself as a leader in design, manufacture and supply of insulated roof, wall and façade panels, with capacity to make about 20million sq.m of insulated panels a year.
The company said its comprehensive range of solutions, using both urethane and mineral insulation, and a range of energy generation routes, from a single, trusted manufacturer "eliminates multi-sourcing, installation and building envelope integration risks."
The Kingspan powerpanel range includes a BIPV (Building Integrated Photo Voltaic) thin film laminate, BIPV modules and direct or tilt-mounted modules.
Systems are available for new builds and for existing Kingspan roofs, and the company can help with data to determine which system might work best as a long term financial investment, and which offers the best in long-term green-energy benefits.
Kingspan claims to offer a:
* single-source for an integrated roof and solar photo-voltaic system;
* optimised, value-engineered systems for rapid installation;
* project analysis/viability, design, supply, installation, testing, commissioning and handover;
* maximised investment return on 'feed-in tariff' income; and
* a 25 year roof and solar PV system warranty.