Alexandria, Virginia -- The Mattress Recycling Council (MRC) announced its new Board of Directors ahead of the organisation's initiatives to upscale mattress recycling in US states.
With the objective of implementing state-wide mattress recycling laws, the body is expected to launch mattress recycling programmes in Connecticut in 2015 and in Rhode Island and California a year later.
The organisation will administer these programs, which will be funded by a visible point-of-purchase fee collected from consumers and other end-users on mattress sales. the new board charged with running the organisation is made up of:
- Richard Diamonstein, managing director at Paramount Sleep
- Dan Hige, vice president of manufacturing at Sealy Inc
- Dale Carlsen, president and chief executive officer of Sleep Train
- Doug Guffey, president at Sleep Inc
- Matt Kershner, vice president and product general manager at Select Comfort Corp
- Mark Kolovson, president at King Koil Northeast – a division of Blue Bell Mattress Co
- Kristen McGuffey, executive vice president/general counsel at Serta Simmons Holdings.