St. Louis, Missouri -- The United Soybean Board (USB) has released a list of products launched this year that contain US soya.
The listing - which features 26 soya-based products for adhesives, coatings, printing inks, lubricants, plastics, fibres and solvents - includes, amongst others:
• Soythane 90 - 100 percent solids, multipurpose polyurethane adhesive based on soya;
• Soy Seal - soya-based canned insulating foams being sold at hardware stores, from BioBased Technologies;
• Renuva - soya-based Natural Oil Polyols (NOPs) used to make bedding foams for Simmons Bedding's Natural Care Collection, from Dow Polyurethanes;
• SoyFoam - soya foam for seats/headrests/armrests in the 2010 Hyundai Santa Fe, Sonata sedan and the 2009 Kia Amanti sedan, from Lear. Lear will also supply General Motors with SoyFoam for its trucks and SUVs as well as Ford for the seats in the Mercury Milan and Lincoln MKE, from Lear;
• Honey Bee - soya-based polyols for use in Chromcraft moulded-furniture seating foams, from MCPU Polymer Engineering;
• Ecoflex - a mattress product line named Equilibrio Natural Ecoflex that uses foam based on Renuva NOPs in the comfort layers of the mattresses, from foam and mattress manufacturer Ecoflex, and;
• Green Comfort - sandals containing Renuva NOPs in the polyurethane sole, from shoe manufacturer Grupo Ravi and Wal-Mart.
"We solicit applications, review the concepts and select them based on their technical merit and market potential," said Marty Ross, vice chair of the USB New Uses programme. Ross explained that to make the list a product must firstly be technically feasible and secondly be viable in terms of market value.
For more information visit the media section of www.soynewuses.org (RD)"