Preston, UK - Incorez, a unit of Sika Group, has launched Incozol EH, a bis-oxazolidine curing agent for use in one-component polyurethane coatings, adhesives, sealants and elastomers.
Used in conjunction with a low isocyanate prepolymer, this curing agent accelerates the cure of the prepolymer through a moisture triggered mechanism to give crosslinking benefits to one-part urethanes, says the company.
Also, Incorez says, it enhances mechanical strength through the elimination of carbon dioxide gassing in high-build, high solids systems.
• Can be stored at sub-zero temperatures (to -15°C) without signs of crystallisation;
• Excellent in-can stability for 1K aliphatic and aromatic PU systems;
• Reduced odour - (reduced volatility of the aldehyde leaving group -- 2-ethyl hexanal -- results in a less pungent odour than bis-oxazolidines based on isobutyraldehyde).
• Flooring and balcony systems
• Roof coatings
• Increase cure speed of 1K PU systems without the need for metal catalysts
• Aromatic 1K PU systems where in-can stability may be an issue.