Knoxville, Tennessee - The US Polyurethane Foam Association (PFA) has released its 'Platform on Sustainability,' in which the group outlines the seven principles of its commitment to pursue 'green' issues.
"A sustainability programme is a process and not an endpoint," pointed out PFA executive director Bob Luedeka, in a 29 Nov statement.
"These seven principles provide guidance for our group's current activities and future programmes," Luedeka said, adding that the PFA's goal with the guidelines is to "create a springboard for ongoing discussion, education and growth in this area."
In brief, the principles are:
1) Reduce solid waste. Flexible foam is recyclable;
2) Maintain technical sessions to share scientific research about environmentally friendly materials and renewable feedstocks;
3) Support energy saving technologies;
4) Continue efforts to improve product safety;
5) Encourage sustainability through product performance;
6) Educate to support sustainability; and
7) Maintain continuous dialogue with leaders in sustainability.
For more information, visit www.pfa.org