Pont-de-Claix, France -- The project to transform Vencorex's Pont-de-Claix from TDI (toluene diisocyanate) to HDI (hexamethylene diisocyanate) production is “almost complete”, according to its jv owner PTT Global Chemical (PTT).
Vencorex decided to increase capacity at Pont-de-Claix in 2014, as UTECH-polyurethane.com reported at the time. It announced plans for higher HDI and IPDI volumes by mid-2016. HDI capacity will be 70kT and IPDI will be 20kT, Vencorex said.
According to PTT’s FY2015 Management Discussion and Analysis report released earlier in 2016, the firm’s outgoings have decreased 4% during the year, partly due to the HDI Derivatives project nearing realisation.
As also previously reported at UTECH-polyurethane.com, PTT outlined its strategy for higher HDI capacity at Pont-de-Claix due to the chemical’s “higher value and benefits.”
PTT owns 85% of Vencorex and Perstorp owns the remaining 15%.