Friant, California -- Visitors to the Speciality Sleep Association's stand at the Winter 2011 Las Vegas Market home furnishings event will be able to get answers to questions about the latest environmental trends in bedding in a session on Tuesday 25 Jan 2011.
Vicki Worden, of Worden Associates Inc., consultant to SSA's Environmental & Safety Program, will be on hand 25 Jan from 2:00-3:00 pm in Building C, Room C336, to discuss the issues involved in "Selling Green Truthfully and Legally."
Worden will cover what consumers want to know -- and also what retailers, manufacturers and suppliers need to know.
SSA says that "Selling the green attributes of bedding is recognised as one of the primary ways to attract female consumers to substantially increase incremental sales for retailers."
Worden Associates, Inc. and the Specialty Sleep Association explain that they have teamed up to provide manufacturers, retailers and suppliers with thorough research and a key marketing program for environmental selling claims and consumer education in the form of a new Environmental & Safety Program.
Worden will also hold informal open forums in SSA's showroom (Building C, 1350)
· Tuesday 25 Jan, 10:00 - 11:00 am.
· Wednesday 26 Jan, 10:00 - 11:00 am and 2:00 - 3:00 pm.
Typical questions she will cover are:
• How can we ensure we are using the term organic and natural correctly?
• What is the Global Organic Textile Standard?
• What is Oeko-Tex Standard 100?
• What is CertiPUR-US and how can these certification programs help you market your products
• What do women consumers want to know about the safety of your bedding products?
• How can you ensure compliance with Federal Trade Commissions Green Guides.
The Winter 2011 Las Vegas Market meeting runs 24-28 Jan, at the World Market Center Las Vegas, Nevada.