Yantai, Shandong – Wanhua is planning to expand isocyanate and polyol capacity at its Yantai Industrial Park and upgrade its technologies.
Wanhua to expand isocyanate and polyol capacity
The isocyanate project started its first round of environmental impact assessment in March and is awaiting the second round, the company told UTECH-polyurethane.com
According to a notice posted by the Yantai Environmental Protection Bureau, the project’s capacity breaks down as follows:
- MDI capacity increased from 600kT/year to 1.1mT/year (including nitric acid, nitrobenzene, aniline and chlorine facilities);
- New HDI facility with 30kT/year capacity;
- New HDI adduct facility with 20kT/year capacity;
- Aliphatic diisocyanate expansion (no capacity figure given)
- H12MDA and H12MDI capacity increased from 10kT/year to 20kT/year; and
- IPDI capacity increased from 15kT/year to 30kT/year
The company declined to give more details on the projects.
Another notice by Yantai Environmental Protection Bureau, which was filed in May, shows that the company is also planning to increase polyether polyol capacity at the site by 380kT/year.